Good afternoon,

I am looking for job as Data Engineer/Mud Logger/Geologist or Wellsite Geologist in oil & gas industry.
Please find attached my updated CV.
Best regards,

Stefano Nava

Buon pomeriggio,

sto cercando lavoro come Wellsite Geologist o Data Engineer.
Qui sotto il mio CV.

Cordiali saluti,

Stefano Nava
Profile snapshot

A highly skilled Well Site Geologist 20 years of extensive experience in onshore/offshore oil and gas wells, geothermal wells and drilling operations. Executed several conventional and unconventional onshore/offshore projects consisting of exploration, development wells and work over operations. Experienced in working for several major and minor companies on various oil fields, exploration, appraisal and development wells in offshore/onshore environments. Motivated and diligent team player utilizing excellent interpersonal skills with strong analytical mind-set to learn quickly, to analyse the situation, identifies requirements and provides solutions.
Career history

From January to March 2020: Exlog, France Job Title: Wellsite Geologist

Duties/Responsibilities: as Wellsite Geologist my responsibility was supervising the day to day geological operations on the rig including but not limited to: reporting to Operations Geologist, assisting exploration team in formation evaluation, supervise mud logging, wire line logging crews and units and quality check of mud logging reports and wireline logs, pick up formation tops and casing points using cuttings, ROP and LWD/wireline logs to make well log correlations with Gravitas software, describe and evaluate cuttings, and oil/gas shows (if any), make lithological and stratigraphical interpretation, well operations and wire line logging supervision and witness for geothermal wells.

From January 2012 to December 2019: Saudi Aramco Dhahran, Saudi Arabia Job Title: Consultant Wellsite Geologist

Duties/Responsibilities: as Wellsite Geologist my responsibility was supervising the day to day geological operations on the rig including but not limited to: reporting to Team Leader/Operations Geologist, compile daily/weekly and final geological reports written and oral (when needed) for exploration teams in town, assisting exploration team in formation evaluation, supervise mud logging, wire line logging crews and units and quality check of mud logging reports and wireline logs, pick up formation tops, casing and coring points using cuttings, ROP and LWD/wireline logs to make well log correlations with Gravitas software, describe and evaluate cuttings, core samples and oil/gas shows (if any), make lithological and stratigraphical interpretation, well operations and wire line logging supervision and witness, handle conventional and unconventional coring, work stand alone also without mud logging unit and gas detection equipment, support Saudi Aramco exploration department for conventional and unconventional onshore/offshore wells, perform geosteering in horizontal wells, geological assistance for water wells when required, training junior wellsite geologist when required. Maintaining in order digital and hard copy of all well files (including well proposals, geological operations data, service company reviews and post drill reports). Performed wellsite supervision of HP/HT wells, made calculations realtime of pore pressure trends using drilling data (ROP, differential pressure, lithology change, WOB, RPM, torque, well hydraulics, pit level and differential flow, D exponent, normalised drilling rate) and LWD data (ROP, resistivity, gamma ray, sonic, mud temperature). Geosteered horizontal and deviated wells with LWD data (ROP, resistivity and gamma ray).

From January 2011 To December 2011 Company: Geoservices, Macaé Brazil Job Title: Data Engineer/Unit Manager

Duties/Responsibilities: as Data Engineer/Unit Manager my responsibility was supervising the day to day drilling/geological operations on the rig including but not limited to: reporting to Company Man/Well Site Geologist, perform geological surveillance of well during drilling/tripping/completion and production operations, cuttings and core analysis and interpretation, formation evaluation, oil gas shows analysis and interpretation, 24 hours real time drilling parameters monitoring, pressure prediction and forecast, monitoring RFT and DST.

From September 2009 To December 2010 Company: Geplan Consulting Ferrara, Italy Job Title: Consultant Geologist

Duties/Responsibilities: as Consultant Geologist my responsibility was reporting to senior geologist including but not limited to: provide for international oil/gas companies consultancies about basin analysis, seismic interpretation, reservoir modelling, thin section and cores description and more other things in carbonate reservoirs in Italy and worldwide. During this time I successfully made up subsidence trend study for Kashgan field in Kazakhstan utilizing well logs data and competently made up Sicily Channel study to highlight new plays and ventures possibilities for future oil and gas area exploration.

From September 2006 To July 2009 Company: Weatherford Aberdeen, Scotland Job Title: Data Engineer/Unit Manager/Pore Pressure Engineer

Duties/Responsibilities: as Data Engineer/Unit Manager/Pore Pressure Engineer my responsibility was supervising the day to day drilling/geological operations on the rig including but not limited to: reporting to Company Man/Well Site Geologist, perform as Unit Manager/Data Engineer/Pore Pressure Engineer geological surveillance of well during drilling/ tripping/ completion and production operations, cuttings and core analysis and interpretation, formation evaluation, oil gas shows analysis and interpretation, 24 hours real time drilling parameters monitoring, pressure prediction and forecast, monitoring RFT and DST. Performed supervision of HP/HT wells, made calculations realtime of pore pressure trends using drilling data (ROP, differential pressure, lithology change, WOB, RPM, torque, well hydraulics, pit level and differential flow, D exponent, normalised drilling rate) and LWD data (ROP, resistivity, gamma ray, sonic, mud temperature).

From January 2000 To July 2006 Company: Geolog International San Giuliano Milanese, Italy Job Title: Mud Logger/Data Engineer

Duties/Responsibilities: as Mud Logger/Data Engineer my responsibility was supervising the day to day drilling/geological operations on the rig including but not limited to: reporting to Company Man/Well Site Geologist, perform geological surveillance of drilling/tripping/completion and production operations, formation evaluation, gas/oil shows analysis and interpretation, 24 hours real time drilling parameters monitoring and as Jr/ Sr. Mud Logger, cutting/core samples analysis and troubleshooting and maintenance of rig sensors.

Professional training & IT skills
• Gravitas software Saudi Aramco in-house course, Dhahran 2012
• Wellsite geology Saudi Aramco in-house training, Dhahran 2012
• Advanced mud logging Geoservice course, Paris 2011
• Pore Pressure Engineering Weatherford in-house course, Aberdeen 2008
• Mudlogging Weatherford in-house course, Aberdeen 2006
• Well control basic level, Piacenza 2005
• Mudlogging & advanced mudlogging Geolog in-house course, San Giuliano Milanese 2003
• Proficiency in Winlog Gravitas, Navipro, Petrel, Geologix, Wellcad and Geolog software.
• Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, Access and Outlook), Windows Toolkit, Adobe.

Safety training
• H2S Aware
• HUET/BOSIET
• Medical certificate

Academic Qualification

• Geology Master Degree, 1994/1999
Milano University, Italy

Languages

• English and French fluent
• Spanish, Portuguese good work knowledge

I authorize the processing of my personal data pursuant to art. 13 D. Lgs. June 30, 2003 No. 196 - "Code regarding the protection of personal data" and art. 13 GDPR 679/16 - "European regulation on the protection of personal data".